Advanced Accounting for Income Taxes
Accounting for income taxes poses many challenges, even for professionals with strong knowledge of the tax code and the relevant accounting requirements.
This two-day seminar looks beyond the fundamentals of ASC 740, the FASB standard for accounting for income taxes, to examine some of the major implementation challenges that arise in applying the standard. Covering complex areas such as quarterly disclosures, intercompany transactions and equity investments, participants come away with an in-depth understanding of how to account for income taxes—even in the most unusual circumstances.
This advanced seminar is assumes you have mastered the topic covered in our Accounting for Income Taxes. Read the course descriptions for both seminars to choose which is best suited to your needs.
The course explains the challenges that arise in the implementation of accounting for income taxes in the following areas:
- other comprehensive income
- tax contingencies for permanent as well as temporary differences, accrual of interest and penalties
- valuation allowance
- quarterly disclosures and discrete items
- intra-period tax allocations
- business combinations
- share-based compensation
- foreign operations
- intercompany transactions
- equity investments and joint ventures