Adr - Theoretical Perspectives
Explore the theoretical basis for various conflict resolution processes, as well as the practical application of these concepts in the private and public sector. Examine topics selected from a wide range of issues that are emerging as the use of ADR processes rapidly expands throughout organizations and institutions.
- Ways in which conflict management skills and approaches can be incorporated into everyday life
- The various schools of thought within the ADR scholarly community
- A deeper understanding of one or more issues in ADR
What to Expect
This is an interactive course, you will engage online with your class and instructor through our online learning management system. Plan to log into your course regularly throughout the week.
The average student can expect approximately eight hours of work per week for discussions, readings, assignments, projects, exams/quizzes and other course requirements.
Introduction to Labour Management Relations
Explore the history, current status and challenges of labour relations. Examine the directions labour management relations could go and possibilities for the future.
- The history of the labour movement
- Key issues related to business process, work environment, union constitution and by-laws
- Various approaches to labour-management relations
- Opportunities and implications for new and innovative relationships between labour and management
What to Expect
This is an interactive course; you will engage online with your class and instructor through our online learning management system. Plan to log into your course regularly throughout the week.
You can expect approximately six hours of work per week for discussions, readings, assignments, exams/quizzes and other course requirements.