How it works
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Cornell School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. Full disclaimer.
Develop key administrative skills, build your network, gain practical knowledge
The Cornell-EACUBO Administrative Management Institute (AMI) will help you enhance your effectiveness, hone your managerial skills, and excel within your institution.
Through panel discussions, presentations, workshops, and case studies, you'll explore timely topics including
- Sponsored programs compliance
- Employment law
- Operational risk
- Negotiation skills
- Human resource management
- Creating a culture of innovation
- Optimizing team performance
AMI also features plenty of opportunities to network with senior university administrators and managers working in innovative and highly effective ways.
- Expand your awareness of changes, trends, and issues shaping the work of unit managers and their institutions.
- Deepen your understanding of managers' work and roles within the larger context of their colleges or universities.
- Update and develop your technical skills and knowledge.
- Practice new skills immediately and develop strategies for subsequent applications.
- Meet individuals doing similar work in innovative and highly effective ways.
- Learn from, question, and interact with senior university administrators and exemplary administrative managers.
Find out more about AMI:
- Podcasts: "The Attitude/Behavior Connection at the 2015 Administrative Management Institute" and "Financial Leadership in the Business Unit with AMI director Fred Rogers," both published by Teibel Inc.
- Blog: "Reflections on Decision-Making with the Administrative Management Institute," published by Teibel Inc.
Who should attend
This program is designed for:
- College and university officers
- Administrative managers, directors, and supervisors
- Business managers, directors, and supervisors
- Department chairs and other faculty members with administrative responsibilities
Glen is current Chief Audit Executive for Cornell University, including Weill Cornell Medicine and its Physician Organization clinical practice in New York City. He is a leading higher education and healthcare chief audit executive with significant experience building and advancing prominent com...
Mark is an experienced audit, governance and risk assurance leader, with particular emphasis on the not-for-profit and healthcare sectors. Prior to joining the UAO in April 2015, Mark worked for 10+ years in the Audit & Enterprise Risk Services practice of Deloitte & Touche LLP, including...
Management and Organizations
Groups and Teams
Stephen Sauer is an associate professor in the organizational studies department at Clarkson University's School of Business and a visiting associate professor of ...
Paul Streeter is the vice president for budget and planning at Cornell University and the director of the Administrative Management Institute (AMI). His 28-year career at Cornell has included serving as assistant dean for finance and administration for the College of Veterinary Medicine; associat...
Denise Clark provides support to the University of Maryland, College Park's research, creative activity, and outreach initiatives.
Clark's responsibilities include oversight of activities for proposal preparation and submission, award negotiation and management, sub-award issuance and monitoring...
Marin Clarkberg has served in her current position since 2004. She speaks and consults nationally and internationally on the topic of data-informed decision making and quality assurance in higher education. Marin serves as Cornell’s accreditation liaison officer to the Middle States Commission on...
William Sibert is responsible for financial reporting, financial operations, procurement, sponsored financial services, financial information services, and payroll and tax services at Cornell. Previously, he served as controller of MPI Research Inc., chief financial officer at Priva Technologies,...
Howard Teibel is the president of the education consulting firm Teibel, Inc., which works with independent schools, colleges, universities, and professional associations to help them align strategic goals with operational performance. A major component of his work includes ensuring that new strat...