Administrative Management Institute
Develop key administrative skills, build your network, gain practical knowledge The Cornell-EACUBO Administrative Management Institute (AMI) will help you enhance your effectiveness, hone your managerial skills, and excel within your institution.
Through panel discussions, presentations, workshops, and case studies, you'll explore timely topics including
- Sponsored programs compliance
- Employment law
- Operational risk
- Negotiation skills
- Human resource management
- Creating a culture of innovation
- Optimizing team performance
AMI also features plenty of opportunities to network with senior university administrators and managers working in innovative and highly effective ways.
- Expand your awareness of changes, trends, and issues shaping the work of unit managers and their institutions.
- Deepen your understanding of managers' work and roles within the larger context of their colleges or universities.
- Update and develop your technical skills and knowledge.
- Practice new skills immediately and develop strategies for subsequent applications.
- Meet individuals doing similar work in innovative and highly effective ways.
- Learn from, question, and interact with senior university administrators and exemplary administrative managers.
Find out more about AMI:
- Podcasts: "The Attitude/Behavior Connection at the 2015 Administrative Management Institute" and "Financial Leadership in the Business Unit with AMI director Fred Rogers," both published by Teibel Inc.
- Blog: "Reflections on Decision-Making with the Administrative Management Institute," published by Teibel Inc.
Who should attend
This program is designed for:
- College and university officers
- Administrative managers, directors, and supervisors
- Business managers, directors, and supervisors
- Department chairs and other faculty members with administrative responsibilities