Who should attend
- Senior Executives of organisations that want to become agile and resilient in the face of rapid change
- Leaders of organisations that operate in a complex or rapidly changing environment
- Managers who need to plan for complex situations
About the course
Detect – Respond – Exploit. In the face of rapid change learn how to create and lead an agile organisation and teams to exploit new opportunities.
Recognising that traditional strategic planning is of little value in a fast-changing uncertain and volatile world. Adaptive Strategy is based on sound scientific principles of complex adaptive systems theory, anthropology, and cognitive neuroscience. It doesn’t discard traditional strategic planning but adds another dimension to enable organisations to adapt and thrive within a complex world.
Detect-Respond-Exploit. Adaptive Strategy is a methodology for developing and articulating the strategy. It is specifically designed for organisations who face a rapidly changing environment and need to embrace the complexity of the real world. Adaptive Strategy helps organisations to turn uncertainty into a strategic advantage. We deliberately prioritise action over-analysis and provide the platform for innovation and organisational resilience.
Other benefits of Adaptive Strategy include valuing diversity, harnessing creative friction, and increased engagement.
- Distinguish between obvious, complicated, complex, and chaotic challenges and determine how to plan and lead appropriately within these
- Stimulate innovation, build social networks, and engage stakeholders in more effective knowledge exchange
- Set meaningful goals, clear measures and timely KPI’s
- Develop and lead dynamic, self-motivated teams focussed on outcomes
- Implement sustainable change, and overcome barriers to agility
- Cynefin framework for management decision making
- Managing and leading within a complex environment
- Goal setting and KPI’s within uncertain and complex environments
- Increasing strategic sensitivity
- Planning to achieve agility
- Leading an agile organisation
- Learn and practice the techniques needed to create an adaptive strategy
- Learn how to create and lead agile organisations
- Learn how to recognise and overcome the barriers to achieving agility
- Have an outline strategic plan for creating and leading an agile organisation
Your organisation will:
- Have the ability to develop a plan for achieving strategic agility
- Overcome the constraints to operating in an agile manner
- Be able to create a systematic approach to early detection, fast response and successful exploitation of opportunity.
- Ability to initiate real organisational change
Steve McCrone’s experience in bomb disposal in the New Zealand Army gave him a good understanding and a deep appreciation for leadership and decision making under conditions of stress and uncertainty. Since the forces, his career has extended into human resources, investment fund management and ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.