Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is designed for anyone working in an increasingly diverse setting looking to overcome cultural barriers and promote a healthier organizational culture. The program is particularly well-suited for leaders working with a diverse customer, employee or partner base.
About the course
Diversity drives performance.
According to a recent McKinsey survey of more than 1000 global organizations, the firms with the most multicultural workforces are 36% more likely to be profitable than the bottom quartile of organizations.
While much is said of the potential found in a multitude of perspectives, it takes a new set of leadership skills to effectively translate cultural differences into collective strength.
Why do you think and act the way you do? It extends well beyond your national identity. Education, upbringing, professional and personal experiences all play a role.
This program imparts the skills of adaptive leadership, enabling you to identify and appreciate these nuances in yourself and those around you.
New knowledge will impact every dimension of your role, from forging strong bonds with individuals from any background to conflict resolution, increasing team engagement, and sparking innovative collaboration that is simply not possible in the absence of differences.
In this program you will learn to:
- Develop greater cross-cultural awareness: Learn the unique nuances, beliefs, and traditions associated with cultures — and consider their relevance to your organization.
- Lead and communicate with diverse teams: Discover techniques to effectively communicate with, motivate and inspire members of diverse groups, including teams, stakeholders, customers, and partners.
- Foster respect, growth, and success: Learn to navigate disagreements, resolve conflicts and solve problems where cultural considerations are in play. Establish the trust and respect needed for growth and success.
- Gain an appreciation for the perspectives, beliefs and mindsets about culture and its role in personal and organizational success.
- Learn strategies to earn and maintain trust with colleagues, partners and customers.
- Build the confidence needed to overcome cultural barriers at work.
- Prepare your organization to capture the opportunity of Canada’s increasingly diverse workforce.
- Increase collaboration, efficiency and productivity while fostering a culture of inclusion and respect.
- Develop cultural intelligence as a competitive advantage both in Canada and abroad.
- Explore culture through the lens of the unique nuances, beliefs and traditions associated with each
- Discuss the impact of increasing cultural diversity on business performance
- Learn strategies to effectively communicate across cultures, including considerations for diverse teams, stakeholders and customer groups
- Learn how to be an effective leader, able to motivate and inspire within a culturally diverse group
- Reflect on new learning and network with fellow participants
- Learn to navigate difficult topics, including addressing performance issues and disagreements
- Gain practical strategies to establish and maintain trust within diverse groups
- Explore and practice strategies to resolve conflict across cultures
Dynamic Remote Learning
Participate in the program from anywhere. Queen’s Executive Education remote learning programs combine live, dynamic video instruction with breakout sessions, panel discussions, and expert Q&A.
Our learning platform is fully encrypted, allowing you to connect securely from home, office or anywhere in between.
Remote programs are designed to fit within your schedule, allowing you to learn new skills and immediately put them to work.
Adjunct Assistant Professor & Distinguished Faculty Fellow of Business Law Shai Dubey teaches courses in negotiations, cross-cultural management, ethics, domestic and international business law and entrepreneurship. He is the academic director for project courses in various MBA programs...
Christina is a Human Resources professional with over 15 years of experience in both in the private and public sectors. As Vice-President of Human Resources for a manufacturing company with clients around the globe, Christina provided strategic advice on how to optimize and grow business in forei...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.