Who should attend
This class is designed for new and experienced mid-level managers.
About the course
What really drives the climate of your workplace and how much impact do you have as a leader? There may not be a simple recipe for how to lead, but there is a great deal of knowledge about how leaders impact lives and drive results. Join the class and prepare to put your growing leadership skills into ACTION.
- Understand the importance of critical soft-skills in today’s workplace, and the special challenges of medical and STEM environments
- Learn from the growing body of research identifying the power of emotion in our work lives, including Google’s recent results from Project Aristotle
- Gain clarity and new insights on problems at work with the use of Haidt’s rider and elephant metaphor
- Learn about what drives workplace climate and the impact a leader has on bottom-line results
- Explore recent research on leadership to identify the models most helpful in today’s information-driven and collaborative work environments
- Understand the importance of contextual intelligence in order to recognize what your team needs from you right now
- Connect your emotional and social intelligence competencies and skills to the flexible and effective use of leadership styles
- Discover your favored leadership styles
- Examine and learn from your personal leadership successes and missed opportunities to build your toolbox of leadership skills and styles
- Build confidence and identify opportunities for growth and development beyond your comfort zone as a leader
Mary A. McKay, ED.D. is a member of the teaching faculty at the Rady School of Management, University of California San Diego where she has built a reputation for high-demand/high-reward student experiences. Her academic interests include leadership, diverse teams, personal ethics, and leader dev...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.