Acquiring the Fundamentals of Financial Statement Analysis: Module 1 of the Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Introduce managers and executives to the fundamental concepts of financial management.
Interpreting a company’s financial statements
- The fiscal record, accounts and cash flow table
- The working capital, working capital requirements and net liquidity balance
- Critical analysis of commonly-used ratios
Financial planning and cash-flow statements
- Assessing cash flow statements
- Financial forecasting
- Assessing to what extent a company generates cash (or not), as opposed to profit
Conducting financial analysis
- Real-life company case studies
- Understanding the difference between accounting and financial analysis
- Why may a profitable project from an accounting perspective be cost-ineffective from a financial perspective?
Who should attend
This programme is designed for professionals of various types (top management, heads of SMEs and micro-businesses, managers and employees) from all sectors of the economy. It will enable you to improve your understanding of the impact your decisions will have on the financial health of your professional activity, project or company, and simultaneously raise your efficiency as a manager.
Key admissions criteria
- A university-level diploma or equivalent professional experience
- Proof of motivation and a professional need to take the programme
- English proficiency (language certificate or proof of studies/work experience in English)
- Master the basics of Excel