Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Indore.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Many firms have been transforming their traditional purchasing activity into the sourcing activity realizing strategic role of sourcing. It is important for the executives to know how to add value to their organization by implementing best sourcing practices
This programme introduces the participants to the strategic sourcing sourcing process, sourcing strategies, vendor development and best global sourcing practices to realize the competitive benefits from sourcing within an organization and across it’s the supply chain.
The programme shall cover the broader topics related to global sourcing. An indicative but not exhaustive list is given below
- Transformation from Purchasing to Sourcing
- Strategic role of sourcing in a firm
- Category Management: leveraging value from spend categories
- Developing appropriate sourcing strategy
- Selection and evaluation of suppliers
- Measuring supplier performance
- Managing world class supply Base
- Solving the logistics puzzle
- INCO Terms
- Role of outsourcing
- Recent trends in global sourcing
Who should attend
Executives involved in procurement, purchasing, sourcing and supplier development activities.
Trust the experts
Bhavin J. Shah is working as faculty in the area of Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques at IIM Indore. Education Bhavin holds PhD in Statistics and Operations Research from School of Sciences, Department of Statistics at Gujarat University. He obtained Master of Science in Statist...