Achieving Operational Excellence (Municipal Leadership)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
Align your role as a municipal manager with your organization's strategies for overall operational performance.
Leadership Agility and the Art of Strategic Thinking (2 days)
Leveraging the Proven Principles of Creative Thought, Conceive Of and Connect a Big Picture with the Realities Municipal Pressures
- Understand the principles undergirding strategic thought
- Appreciate the critical role of agile thinking in strategic agility, conception and design
- Acquire tools for linking strategic designs with the realities of implementation
Political Acumen (1 day)
Cultivate your political acuity as we delve into techniques that will ultimately help meet the needs and expectations of elected officials and their political staff.
Key players and processes in systems of government
- Formal and information decision-making processes
- The role of influence in getting things done
- Networking and the creation of strategic networks and alliances
- Case studies in applied political acuity: stakeholder relations
- Strategies and techniques for raising political acuity
Program Evaluation to Improve Performance (2 days)
Learn the tools and techniques of program evaluation to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of municipal services and discover ways to improve results and value for money.
- Understand how to enhance performance measurement paradigms
- Learn methods of performance analysis that assess relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability
- Understand the practical connection between measurement data and strategic alignment
Who should attend
This program will benefit managers at all levels in the municipal sector. Participants should have a minimum of three years of management experience. This program will also benefit provincial government officials who work with municipalities.
Participants can be:
- CAO/City Manager
- Chief Librarian
- Police Chief
- All Department Managers
- Chief Financial Officer
- Fire Chief
- Public Health Managers
- Managers aspiring to lead