Who should attend
This program is for anyone who aspires to achieve an executive presence in front of any audience.
About the course
Develop an inspiring leadership style with an authentic and engaging presence
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this program will enable you to bring out the performer that lives within us all. Tap into your authentic charisma and use it to inspire others in any context. Connect with people through strong gestures, a powerful stance and an expressive voice. Develop your personal performance style, and use this style in your leadership role as well as in everyday situations.
To ingrain your online experience, the interactive online format facilitates social learning. You will have opportunities to network with your peers and to apply, test and receive feedback on the skills you are learning.
Benefits for you
- Develop the authentic presence of a true leader
- Act the leadership part with passion, energy and compelling self-assurance
- Read your audience and know what moves them
- Take your speaking skills to the next level
- Project leadership through body language, eye contact, pace and expression
- Structure your thinking on the fly in impromptu discussions
Session 1: Presence Begins with Mindset
Pre-work reading: Adopting a Leader’s Mindset Real-time online session: The connection between leadership and presence
- What does it mean to achieve a leadership presence, identifying the combination of qualities you wish to project as a leader
Session 2: Presence Requires Clarity of Thought
Pre-work video: The Leader’s Script Real-time online session: Crafting your message
- Understanding your audience and giving them what they need; structuring, creating and delivering the message
Session 3: Presence Requires Practice
Pre-work video: Leadership presence Real-time online session: Achieving the presence of an executive leader
- Vocal exercises to articulate clearly, developing presence through strong gestures and body language
In Between Sessions 3 and 4: Sixty minutes of individualized coaching with the program instructor
- Exercises in movement, relaxation and spontaneity
- Techniques for projecting authenticity, confidence and connection
Session 4: To Have Presence, Be Present (Improvisation)
Pre-work reading: Three ways Improv can improve your career Real-time online session: Honing your improvisation skills
- Active listening, delivering a great impromptu performance in everyday situations
Online program format
Delivered over four weeks, the program includes:
- Four online sessions (1.5 hours each) facilitated live by an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- 60 minutes of 1-1 virtual coaching time with an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- Access to online content, videos and articles for best practices on how to develop an inspirational leadership presence
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.