Who should attend
This program is for anyone who aspires to achieve an executive presence in front of any audience.
About the course
Perform your leadership role with a compelling presence
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this course will enable you to bring out the performer that lives within us all. Learn to develop your personal performance style, and build an inspirational leadership presence that engages others. Fulfill your leadership role with the political savvy necessary for anyone who aspires upward in the organization.
Through an intensive series of workshops, almost every moment will present you with opportunities to practice your new skills and receive supportive one-on-one feedback.
Benefits for you
- Develop the authentic presence of a true leader
- Act the leadership part with passion, energy and compelling self-assurance
- Take your speaking skills to the next level
- Read your audience and know what moves them
- Make an immediate, and lasting, impression with strong entrances and exits
- Structure your thinking on the fly in impromptu discussions
- Project leadership through body language, eye contact, pace and expression
- The world is your stage: exploring the connection between leadership and presence, applied practice in making your entrance
- Creating your character: what makes certain characters compelling, identifying the leadership qualities you wish to project
- Reaching your audience: giving audiences what they need, listening to hear the emotional subtext, developing empathy and political savvy
- Speaking with passion: reflecting the energy and excitement of your ideas, vocal exercises to articulate your words in an expressive and engaging way
- Achieving the presence of a performer: developing a confident stage presence through strong gestures and body language, exercises in movement, relaxation and spontaneity to help you develop your authentic presence
- “Lights, Camera, Action” Workshop: performing scripts in a polished, compelling way
- “Presence in Interactions” Workshop: reading people by listening for different emotions, responding in an empathetic, inspiring way
- “You’re Always On” Workshop: improvising and delivering great performances in every-day situations, acting the leadership part with energy and charisma
- “Curtain Call”: making your exit as a charismatic leader
Working in small group exercises and workshops, you will practice your new skills and receive personal feedback and coaching. You will also create a script based on an upcoming performance opportunity. You will be videotaped delivering your script, and get feedback on both your presence and delivery.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.