About the course
The requirements of ASC 718 are particularly complex for equity-classified awards because accountants are not used to the underlying concept of modified-grant-date accounting. To address this challenge, the seminar goes beyond a mere description of the technical requirements; it explains the underlying concepts and their rationale via practical hands-on spreadsheet-based examples. These examples help the participants grasp complex issues relating to expected volatility, expected terms, conditions imposed on awards, classification, modifications, business combinations, deferred taxes, EPS, and disclosures.
This seminar also incorporates the latest relevant accounting bulletins so that attendees come away with practical, need to know guidance.
- Covers a range of share-based compensation including the following:
- Non-qualified Stock Options (NQQ)
- Incentive Stock Options (ISOs)
- Unvested stock with and without 83(b) elections
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans (ESPPs)
- Measurement of fair value and the effect of expected term and volatility
- Classification of awards as equity or liability based on service, performance, market, and other conditions
- Recognition of compensation costs
- Modification of awards
- Business combinations
- Disclosures and earnings per share
Dan is the founder of Almaris Consulting and Training. He brings in 25 years of extensive experience in consulting and training in accounting, financial statement analysis, business drivers, modeling. valuation, and credit risk analysis. He has worked with over numerous corporations, investment b...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.