This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Accounting Essentials for Managers is designed for a user of accounting information. The class will focus on both financial and managerial accounting with emphasis on the concepts, terminology and methods which guide managers in their day-to-day business decisions. The class will discuss the financial statements, how to interpret these statements, and how to make good decisions based on the financial statements. In addition, the course will show how to use accounting information to identify and analyze alternative decisions that allow managers to take the best course of action.
EIGHT SESSIONS (MUST ATTEND 7/8)
- Role of Accounting
- First Steps - Recording Events
- Preparing Basic Statements
- Managing Cash and Working Capital
- Analyzing Results: Ratio Analysis
- Internal Control and Internal Auditing
- Accounting in Dynamic Organizations
- Wrap Up
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
- Understand and speak the language of accounting
- Use accounting principles to examine your business's performance and make insightful decisions
- Prepare simple financial statements and reports
Who should attend
- New managers who need to understand fundamental accounting principles
- Employees who use financial information to monitor the organization's performance and make decisions
- Professionals who are interested in pursuing a career in accounting
Trust the experts
Ann Brooks received her Master of Accounting degree from the University of New Mexico (UNM) in 2000. She has been teaching for over 20 years and as an Anderson accounting faculty member since 2002. Ann’s teaching areas are financial, managerial, professional, advanced, and governmental accounti...