About the course
This seminar provides in-depth coverage of accounting for foreign currency transactions, remeasurements, and translations per FASB ASC 830. Although the standard is not new, it continues to present conceptual and practical challenges. Therefore, the seminar goes beyond a mere description of the technical requirements by explaining the underlying concepts and their rationale via practical hands-on spreadsheets that participants use in the seminar. The elimination of tedious computations frees up time to discuss practical implementation issues and how the standard affects interpretation of financial statements by users.
- An overview of the concepts underlying the five-step process used to account for foreign currency transactions, remeasurements, and translations
- Determining the functional currency
- Translations under the current rate method
- Remeasurements under the temporal method
- Foreign currency transactions
- Intercompany transactions and consolidations
- Statement of cash flows and foreign operations
Dan is the founder of Almaris Consulting and Training. He brings in 25 years of extensive experience in consulting and training in accounting, financial statement analysis, business drivers, modeling. valuation, and credit risk analysis. He has worked with over numerous corporations, investment b...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.