Accounting for Foreign Operations
Multinational companies face the challenging task of consolidating and reporting their foreign operations.
This seminar provides financial accounting professionals of multinational business with in-depth knowledge about the requirements of the accounting rules related to foreign currency transactions and foreign subsidiary consolidations. It also provides critical insights into practical issues businesses with an international presence face in implementing the rules. Participants will come away better prepared to manage the complexities of all aspects of accounting for foreign operations.
- A laptop with Excel 2007 or above is required to build models.
- A working knowledge of Excel is required (advanced knowledge of Excel, such as macros, is not needed).
- Foreign Currency Transactions
- Determining the Functional Currency
- Translations under the Current Rate Method
- Remeasurements under the Temporal Method
- Inter-company Transactions and Consolidations
- Statement of Cash Flows and Foreign Operations
- Accounting for Foreign Taxes using ASC 740-30