About the course
This course provides an introduction to some of the common accounting and financial reporting challenges faced by debtors around Chapter 11 Reorganization. Topics include:
- consolidation considerations
- accounting for liabilities
- presentation of reorganization items
- accounting for executory contracts
- article 11 pro forma financial statements
- fresh-start accounting
- accounting when fresh-start accounting is not applied.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- identify some of the common accounting and financial reporting challenges faced by debtors during Chapter 11 reorganzation and upon emergence
- determine when to apply fresh-start accounting.
Keywords Bankruptcy, Chapter 11, reorganization, fresh-start accounting
Special Notice/Instruction: CPE credits will be awarded upon successful completion of the content and passing the exam with a grade of 70 or higher. In accordance with NASBA requirements, you must complete and pass the exam within one year of your enrollment in the program. NASBA Delivery Type: Self-Study
Advance Preparation: There is no advance preparation for this course.
This course is mobile-compatible.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.