ABC of Marketing
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
Organizations in India are increasingly feeling the need for “market orientation” because of ever-changing customer preferences. Marketing and other functional disciplines today are expected to “talk to” rather than “talk at” each other. This programme therefore aims at clarifying the basics of marketing, to marketing as well as non-marketing executives. It helps the process of facilitating a dialogue between the different disciplines of an organization with the objective of serving the customer more effectively.
Ask yourself the questions that worry a typical marketing person. Here is a list.
- How to develop a deep-seated understanding of the customer?
- How to segment/target/position in the market?
- How to manage a service?
- How are products priced?
- How to charge a premium?
- How to crash prices?
- What are the dos and don’ts of personal selling?
- How to fight competitors big or small?
- How to brand?
- How to systematically develop a marketing plan? Etc..
These are some of the concerns the program wishes to address. Program sessions will be handled by
Experienced IIMB faculty and reputed practitioners from industry.
The programme aims to give an appreciation of the basics that govern the discipline of marketing. Participants from disciplines like HR, Production, Finance, etc., can expect to get a broad overview of the marketing discipline. This will help them in their dialogue with their counterparts in marketing. Marketing executives will revisit their basics (Some of the old beliefs about marketing have changed). A recap of the fundamentals of the discipline will help them serve their internal and external customers better.
Who should attend
- Middle level marketing executives who have experience in marketing/ sales but were not exposed to the underlying principles of marketing in a business school.
- Middle level executives from other disciplines like HR, Production, Finance etc who would like to develop an appreciation for marketing.
- Middle level marketing executives in marketing/ sales discipline who attended business school several years back and would like a refresher on the principles of marketing.