This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Lead Your Service Business to Innovation and Growth
Digitalization, new platforms and toughened competition have increased the importance of customer friendly design, well functioning technology and up-to-date service strategy. Therefore, today’s most successful B2B and B2C service businesses utilize insight from business, technology, and design to increase the value of their service.
To tackle that disruption, the Aalto Service Leader program covers the latest service business insights from these three areas from a service strategy point of view. The program crystallizes the meaning of customer centric strategy, the potential of the latest technological innovations, such as machine learning, and the importance of customer value focused design.
The modules each focus on one of the areas giving both the latest practical and academic findings to support the service managers and directors. In addition, the program includes a change leadership module to boost the efficiency of service business transition.
Exploit the driving force of digitalization in both B2B and B2C environments. Learn to capture value in services through business model innovation and explore how to leverage customer and stakeholder experience for competitive advantage. And discover ways to lead your organization and coworkers through the transition.
Companies used to build services around a product; today they need to embed the product in their service. The implications of digitalization for revenues, profits and opportunities are dramatic. In a digital world, leveraging customer experience is crucial for your success. All this calls for inspiring and lucid leadership. Aalto Service Leader will give you the tools and methods to succeed.
The program addresses the following critical questions for any company seeking growth through services:
- How can we develop viable and successful business models and take a position in a service value network?
- How can we actively create new markets in the platform economy?
- How can we obtain and exploit distinct customer insight to develop front-row service concepts and customer experience?
- How can we lead and inspire our people to deliver winning customer experiences?
- Up to 4.5 European Credits (ECTS) can be transferred from the Aalto Service Leader program to the Aalto Executive MBA or Aalto MBA program.
You will acquire methods and tools to design ground-breaking service business models to increase your company’s competitive advantage in a global setting. The program develops leaders who deliver value by developing new – and growing – services and steer high people performance
- Learn to develop innovative service business models and strategies
- Acquire new knowledge related to creating new markets with digital services
- Understand how value is created in service networks and ecosystems
- Apply design-based methods to develop winning customer experiences in services
- Increase your competence in leading people in transition into a service mindset
- Network and learn with other executives and directors dealing with similar challenges
Contents and Schedule
The program takes account of participants' busy schedules and has been designed to offer blended learning and strong penetration in your daily work. There are four modules: a two-day kick-off is followed by three modules with introductory online lectures and 1.5-day contact sessions at the Aalto EE premises followed by impactful Echo Team work in your organization.
Service Strategies and Business Models
- Capturing value in the service economy
- The service-profit-chain
- Innovative service business models and strategies
- Productizing and branding services
- Improving service quality
New Markets through Digital Services
- New service value networks
- Mapping value added in networks
- Big data and cloud computing as business drivers
- Creating new business on digital platforms
Leading Service Design for Improved Customer Experience
- Perceived customer value: the key for developing and leading services
- Design-based tools for service development
- Customer and stakeholder co-creation of services
- Minimum viable service, measuring and iterating for success
Leading Transition and Cultural Shift
- Building a culture for service excellence
- Designing structures for service excellence
- Leading change in a service organization
- Leading performance and continuous improvement in a service organization
Who should attend
This program is targeted for directors and top managers seeking growth from new or existing services in B2B or B2C.
- Corporate directors responsible for strategic development, innovation, marketing, IT or R&D in service business and industrial services
- Top management in small and medium-sized companies
Trust the experts
Dr. Pekka Mattila serves as a Professor of Practice at the Aalto University School of Business. He works frequently with both European and Asian executive audiences on themes of strategic management and agility, strategy co-creation, business model innovation, executive leadership, top team dynam...
Education Qualifications PhD, Services Marketing, London Business School, UK, 1991 BBA Hons, Double-Major: Marketing & Accounting, FH Rosenheim, Germany, 1986 Banking Exam, Retail & Corporate Banking, Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Munich, Germany, 1981 Research Interest Cost-eff...
I am a Professor of Practice, Digital Operations at the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management at Aalto University, School of Science and a Chief Research Scientist at the Research Institute for the Finnish Economy. I hold a PhD in Industrial Economics. My research focuses on global ...
Petri has been working as a business consultant, trainer and researcher for 17 years. From the late 1990s till 2007 he worked as a project manager and researcher at Helsinki University of Technology focusing on strategy, change management, business process development, and teamwork. At the turn...
Aalto Service Leader: Digital Platform Economy