Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Women are steadily increasing their ranks in management and professional fields, yet they still face a variety of challenges. This program identifies the steps successful women take to navigate advancement to leadership. Practical advice, techniques and strategies for getting a seat at the table, communicating with credibility, and finding her voice will be offered. Real-life case studies, self-assessments, experiential exercises and action steps that help women transcend barriers and enhance their chances of leadership are the focus.
Time Allocation - Topics
- 10% The Origin of the Rules of Engagement
- From the Playground to the BoardroomT
- The Seven Most Asked Questions About Gender : Men and Women as Two Distinct Subcultures
- 15% Expanding Your Presence
- The Twelve A's to Axe: Ways Women are Socialized that Create Stumbling Blocks
- How to achieve the Balance of Being Assertive
- Letting Go of Approval and Affiliation
- 25% Being Heard and Taken Seriously
- 5 Ways Women and Men Manage Conversation
- Taking Charge versus Taking Care
- Process versus Goal Oriented Talk
- Unlocking your Credibility
- 15% It is What We Don't Say that Means A Lot
- Nonverbal Cues that Enhance Credibility
- The Top 5 Noverbals that Undermine Credibility
- What is Means to "Walk the Walk"
- 20% How Leadership is Achieved with Code-Switching
- What is the Code-Switching Style?
- How Code Switching is a Blend of Two styles-Masculine and Feminine: A Synergistic Approach to communication
- How Code Switching is Strong and Soft, Assertive and Straightforward
- How Code Switching is Flexible and Adaptable
- 15% Wrap-Up: Back to Work as a Visible, Credible Employee-Enforce the Opportunity and Success You Deserve
- Breaking the "He" and "She" Code
- How to Become Self-Conscious, Self-Aware and Self Monitor Your Communication
- Primary Presence, Political Skills, Developmental Perspective, Interpersonal Relations
- Secondary Generate and Obtain Plan Support
- Tertiary Coordination, Follow-Up
Dr. Audrey Nelson is an internationally recognized trainer, keynote speaker, author and consultant who helps organizations increase their productivity and profitability through winning communication strategies. She specializes in interpersonal communication, conflict management, and gender commun...