Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Business and Economics at Sonoma State University.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Building on the concepts developed in the Introduction to Wine Business, this eight-week course expands project-based learning focused on the business of making and selling wine. The class surveys key drivers of a wine business and the necessary decisions required when a wine business goes to market, to provide a deeper understanding of the entire value chain.
The subjects of marketing, distributing and selling are expanded to include managing a primary brand as well as a portfolio of products, including options for negociant brands.
- LO1:Understand business issues associated with viticulture, production, marketing, distribution and points of sale.
- LO2: Evaluate alternative approaches associated with those issues.
- LO3: Calculate costs across the component areas.
- LO4: Evaluate the contribution of the component areas to the value of a wine product.
- LO5: Expand the understanding of distribution and regulatory issues to include the international wine market.
- LO6: Assess the internal environment, identifying the strengths and weaknesses in a wine business.
- LO7: Assess the external environment, identifying the opportunities and threats to a wine business.
- LO8: Evaluate a SWOT analysis and draft a plan for going to market with a new wine business product.
- LO9: Plan for and consider future wine markets and alternative channels of wine commerce.