About the course
Building on the concepts developed in the Introduction to Wine Business, this eight-week course expands project-based learning focused on the business of making and selling wine. The class surveys key drivers of a wine business and the necessary decisions required when a wine business goes to market, to provide a deeper understanding of the entire value chain.
The subjects of marketing, distributing and selling are expanded to include managing a primary brand as well as a portfolio of products, including options for negociant brands.
- LO1:Understand business issues associated with viticulture, production, marketing, distribution and points of sale.
- LO2: Evaluate alternative approaches associated with those issues.
- LO3: Calculate costs across the component areas.
- LO4: Evaluate the contribution of the component areas to the value of a wine product.
- LO5: Expand the understanding of distribution and regulatory issues to include the international wine market.
- LO6: Assess the internal environment, identifying the strengths and weaknesses in a wine business.
- LO7: Assess the external environment, identifying the opportunities and threats to a wine business.
- LO8: Evaluate a SWOT analysis and draft a plan for going to market with a new wine business product.
- LO9: Plan for and consider future wine markets and alternative channels of wine commerce.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.