A Proven Product Support Strategy
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Haslam College of Business.Full disclaimer.
This course focuses on understanding, establishing and executing a performance-based life cycle product support strategy. It is based on research sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Pratt & Whitney and Raytheon. The course is intended for corporate managers working with defense department counterparts.
Through the integration of classroom instruction and discussion, complemented by real-world examples, these are the key takeaways and capabilities we want you to have:
- Understand the “how and why” that leads to success with performance-based product support (a win-win construct) enabled by industry profit incentives and government performance improvements combined with long-term cost reduction
- Understand the government budget, funding, availability, and sustainment environment and challenges that can prompt government willingness to consider PBL
- Exploration of how PBL is a capture tool with many degrees of freedom that can lead to more profitable contracts, for both new and legacy programs
- Familiarity with the government statutory, policy, and guidance supporting and constraining the use of PBL
- Exploration of how PBL can be thought of as a contractor-managed DoD supply chain, inclusive of inventory management, maintenance and repair, transportation, reliability improvement, sustainability engineering, and technical support
- Awareness of the advantages of PBL for both the customer and supplier in comparison with traditional product support methods and strategies
- A thorough understanding of business arrangements including roles, responsibilities, relationships, statutory requirements, risk allocation, work allocation, constraints, enablers, and the associated contracting types, terms, and conditions that enable success
- Customized 1- to 5-day PBL programs for organizations, internationally
- Customized PBL workshops
- PBL executive overviews
- PBL consulting
- PBL speaking engagements at conferences