Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
This course focuses on understanding, establishing and executing a performance-based life cycle product support strategy. It is based on research sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Pratt & Whitney and Raytheon. The course is intended for corporate managers working with defense department counterparts.
Through the integration of classroom instruction and discussion, complemented by real-world examples, these are the key takeaways and capabilities we want you to have:
- Understand the “how and why” that leads to success with performance-based product support (a win-win construct) enabled by industry profit incentives and government performance improvements combined with long-term cost reduction
- Understand the government budget, funding, availability, and sustainment environment and challenges that can prompt government willingness to consider PBL
- Exploration of how PBL is a capture tool with many degrees of freedom that can lead to more profitable contracts, for both new and legacy programs
- Familiarity with the government statutory, policy, and guidance supporting and constraining the use of PBL
- Exploration of how PBL can be thought of as a contractor-managed DoD supply chain, inclusive of inventory management, maintenance and repair, transportation, reliability improvement, sustainability engineering, and technical support
- Awareness of the advantages of PBL for both the customer and supplier in comparison with traditional product support methods and strategies
- A thorough understanding of business arrangements including roles, responsibilities, relationships, statutory requirements, risk allocation, work allocation, constraints, enablers, and the associated contracting types, terms, and conditions that enable success
- Customized 1- to 5-day PBL programs for organizations, internationally
- Customized PBL workshops
- PBL executive overviews
- PBL consulting
- PBL speaking engagements at conferences
Jerry Cothran is a recognized subject matter expert in Defense Logistics & Sustainment, with a primary focus on Performance Based Logistics (PBL) and performance based contracting. He most recently performed as a Senior Manager in Logistics Engineering for Lockheed Martin Corporation, where h...
Experienced Professor with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Skilled in Public Speaking, Military Leadership, Transportation Management, Leadership, and Strategic Leadership. Strong operations professional with a Doctor of Philosophy - PhD focused in Business: Lo...
Wesley Randall, chair of UNT’s Department of Marketing, Logistics and Operations Management, who has 30 years of expertise in supply chain and logistics, has been named dean of the New College at Frisco. In his new role, Randall will help develop curriculum and programming at the New College at ...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.