Who should attend
- (Level 1) Administrative & Support
- (Level 2) Supervisors, Executive, & Emerging Managers
About the course
The backbone of a successful organization usually consists of people who are effective contributors and capable. This program is designed for the emerging professional in mind; to equip them with the necessary competencies to manage and lead themselves as well as to be able to work well with others in a team.
Using a practice based approach, the programme engages the learner to draw their learning from structured experiences in the classroom before applying what they learn into their day-to-day work using practical tools that are designed to facilitate the transfer of learning to actual workplace realities. Each of the eight modules in this program comes with a Practice Tool that is designed and developed to help the learners recall what they have learnt, relate the concepts and techniques to the issues at work and to ultimately create relevant solutions for workplace challenges.
Benefits to You
Participants will strengthen two key aspects of their professional lives; working well with others and being more effective and productive as an individual.
Effective team players are aware of the differences in working styles, and able to communicate and collaborate well with others and is confident and competent in dealing with conflicts.
At the same time, as individual contributors, effective professional is the one who knows how to take charge of his/her career by planning for the performance on the job, managing time and resources well and able to execute business activities successfully.
- Develop strategies to self-manage and work with others effectively using DISC.
- Leverage the power of communicating effectively.
- Create strong collaborative partnerships in a team.
- Build confidence to manage and deal with conflicts.
- Prepare oneself to achieve high-performance at work.
- Embrace and foster a winning mindset.
- Utitlise one’s creativity to approach problem-solving.
- Increase personal productivity through effective time-management
- Discovering yourself
- Communicating with impact
- Collaboration through teamwork
- Dealing with conflicts confidently
- Planning for performance
- Developing a winning mindset
- Solving problems creatively
- Managing time effectively
Edwin Sim is the Learning Strategist and founder of 5hue, a learning and organizational development consultancy practice. He has close to 25 years of experience in law enforcement, information and communication technology as well as human and organizational development in Singapore and around the...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.