Who should attend
If you are a manager or an expert who wants to master complexity and understand cross-functional issues in the pharma or biotech industry, this programme is for you.
About the course
Gain a better understanding of the Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology business contexts and develop the skills you need, in leadership, marketing, strategy and value proposition; to excel as a high-performance manager in the Healthcare Industry. The healthcare industry is undergoing drastic transformational change. Shrinking margins, increasing pressure from regulators, demographic shifts, generics, ethical concerns and emerging markets are just some of the issues that managers in pharma and biotechnology have to deal with. How are all these changes impacting your business strategy and processes? Are you well equipped to address all these issues? Do you have the right organizational structure and appropriate skills in place? This programme will give you the tools you need to build a solid business know how to face these challenges and contribute to your business profitability.
Register to this intensive 5-day pharmaceutical training course focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
This management training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your managerial skills. You will gain a wider perspective of management practice through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your understanding of the pharma/biotech industry, develop your management business skills & competencies and be able to:
- Translate changes in the healthcare environment into competitive strategies for sustainable growth
- Understand how the different business areas really work together
- Gain deeper understanding of broader financial and strategic contexts
- Support strategic goals from top management and implement them faster and more effectively
- Align your team or group to concentrate on customer value through cross-functional improvements
- Enhance your value to your organization and expand your professional expertise
- Increase your business know-how with the best management methods and tools for your current and future career
- Make better business decisions and improve your contribution to the business
- Network and learn with a diverse group of peers from different companies and countries
- Develop a personalized action plan that you will take back with you to your job
- Learn and practice these new skills using case studies,real examples and role-plays over 5 interactive and challenging days
What will you learn and practice?
The MCE “5-day Mini MBA for the Pharma and Biotech Industry is a 5-days hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies. The programme is delivered in a blended format: including pre-work activities, interaction and a post-training action plan.
Pre-Work: Pre-work includes 2 online self assessments (including Insights Discovery Personal Profile Online Assessment)
Day 1 – Pharmaland: The Big Picture in a VUCA world
- Introduction, mega trends, and connection with the VUCA Pharmaceutical world
- Where is the Health Industry today and where will it be tomorrow?
- The Pharmaceutical and Biotech market & value chain
- Key strategies and new business models
Day 2 – Getting ready: Strategy Development in Pharma
- Essentials of strategy
- Portfolio management
- Strategic leadership: The MCE Leadership Model
- Collaboration and change management
- Self awareness (insights discovery of you personally)
Day 3 – Meet the needs of clients: Marketing Excellence in Pharma & Biotech
- Market and marketing definitions
- Customer insight
- Powerful segmenting, targeting, and product positioning
- Analysis of the competitive landscape
- Marketing Mix: From operational strategies to tactics
- Customer value
- Market access and health economics
Day 4 – Your Leadership & Decision Making Skills
- Leadership and experiencing multitasking
- Decision making as people manager
- Dealing with conflict in your team and organization
- The role of accounting and finance in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Accounting principles and concepts
- Reading financial statements
Day 5 – Financial analysis & Action Plan
- Financial analysis
- Creating a business plan in the Pharma and Biotech context
- Bringing all the pieces together
- Sharing feedback
- Action plan
- Closing and evaluation
Currently Jacques is coach, facilitator and consultant in strategy, leadership, sales and change projects. 2004-2013: BT Global Services, COO Global Contracts Delivery. For this Telecom and ICT services company, based in London, Jacques managed an operational budget of €150M in labour costs acros...
Prior to joining “Harlan” (2004-2010) and for 22 years, Damien held senior management positions as Manager Financial Controls, CFO, Deputy General Manager and General Manager in companies across several industries (construction, telecommunications, energy, life sciences). These companies were mai...
Samir Bata’s expertise in Management and Leadership has been built over a 25-year career in key positions in Sales, Marketing, General Operations Management, and Business Development. He is a results-oriented manager who is accustomed to working with multinationals from diversified cultural backg...
19+ years experience in Sales and CRM positionsPastedGraphic-1.png 2+ global business planning improvement projects 25+ local and global CRM project (including IT) leads 75+ commercial (sales) management development programs 40+ sales curriculum developments (global & local) 10+ integrated m...
Pascal Gand has acquired over the last thirty years a deep expertise in the Sales and Marketing field and management with market leading Medical Device companies such as Hewlett-Packard Medical Product Group, Agilent Technologies, Philips Medical Systems, GE Healthcare, Welch Allyn and Hill-Rom. ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.