5-DAY "MBA" Express
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with SIM Professional Development.Full disclaimer.
This accelerated programme provides a foundation in the key skills needed to run a business from a general management perspective, by surveying the core curriculum normally covered in an MBA programme. It is aimed at managers, senior managers and directors who have risen through their organisations in a specialist functional role (such as engineering, IT, finance, HR, sales etc) and now need a broader understanding of business and how various components fit together.
Benefits to You
Participants will better appreciate how key components of a business fit together, how to navigate the complexities of a business and make fundamental business decisions from a general management perspective.
• Analyse key financial statements and the financial health of a business • Make management decisions by identifying and evaluating costs and benefits • Understand strategy and the different levels • Develop competitive business and marketing strategies • Understand the differences between leadership and management and your own leadership strengths and development needs • Manage conflicts constructively and motivate stakeholders in the organisation
- Accounting - Basic principles and key financial statements
- Finance - Evaluating performance using financial ratios, the relevant costs and benefits and making effective capital expenditure decisions
- Strategy - Different levels (corporate, business unit and functional strategy), strategy formulation and analytical tools to use
- Marketing - Marketing’s role in business success, 5 Ps of marketing and how they individually address customer needs and collectively provide sustainable competitive advantage
- Management - Management vs Leadership, personal strengths and development needs, managing conflicts and influencing stakeholders
Who should attend
- (Level 3) New Managers
- (Level 4) Managers
- (Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors