Who should attend
- (Level 3) New Managers
- (Level 4) Managers
- (Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors
About the course
This accelerated programme provides a foundation in the key skills needed to run a business from a general management perspective, by surveying the core curriculum normally covered in an MBA programme. It is aimed at managers, senior managers and directors who have risen through their organisations in a specialist functional role (such as engineering, IT, finance, HR, sales etc) and now need a broader understanding of business and how various components fit together.
Benefits to You
Participants will better appreciate how key components of a business fit together, how to navigate the complexities of a business and make fundamental business decisions from a general management perspective.
• Analyse key financial statements and the financial health of a business • Make management decisions by identifying and evaluating costs and benefits • Understand strategy and the different levels • Develop competitive business and marketing strategies • Understand the differences between leadership and management and your own leadership strengths and development needs • Manage conflicts constructively and motivate stakeholders in the organisation
- Accounting - Basic principles and key financial statements
- Finance - Evaluating performance using financial ratios, the relevant costs and benefits and making effective capital expenditure decisions
- Strategy - Different levels (corporate, business unit and functional strategy), strategy formulation and analytical tools to use
- Marketing - Marketing’s role in business success, 5 Ps of marketing and how they individually address customer needs and collectively provide sustainable competitive advantage
- Management - Management vs Leadership, personal strengths and development needs, managing conflicts and influencing stakeholders
Alfred Chan is Executive Director of Imperial Consulting, Singapore. He has been in management consulting for over 20 years, with Arthur D. Little, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), Arthur Andersen and KPMG, in the last two firms as a Partner and a Director respectively. Prior to management co...
Spencer Chan has over 30 years of professional experience and more than 23 years in marketing, that spans a spectrum covering fast-moving consumer goods, personal computers and consumer banking. Mr Chan brings with him a rich and diverse set of hands-on marketing experise. He has also worked ex...
After more than 25 years in the human development practice field, I have realised that providing just training to learn new skills, acquiring more knowledge or adopting positive attitudes do not necessarily bring about sustainable change in people’s lives. At work, in family or community life, I ...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.