29th Annual Accounting & Financial Reporting Symposium
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with KPMG Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
The Symposium is designed for corporate financial executives from both private and public companies who desire an update on the more important financial accounting and reporting developments over the past year. The program also will discuss other important topics impacting the responsibilities of the audience.
Those who have attended past sessions have pointed out that one advantage of the program is that it includes technical compliance topics, along with discussions of prominent practices in financial leadership. Speakers include leading executives from industry and accounting who are involved with accounting and financial reporting issues every day. They will address recent technical pronouncements and guidance from the FASB and SEC. In addition, they will share with participants their experiences in dealing with some of the important leadership issues that have helped their companies compete more effectively in today's environment.
Topics covered include:
The Symposium covers important topics, issues and trends in accounting and reporting. The agenda for the Symposium will be finalized as new developments occur, sample subject matter includes:
- Keynote Address on Issues Impacting Financial Executives
- FASB and SEC Current Developments
- Accounting for Leases
- Accounting for Financial Instruments
- KPMG's Thought Leadership on Hot Topics
- Breakout Sessions Focused on Trending Topics and Current Updates
SEC Reporting & Compliance
Public company financial accounting and reporting professionals face their own set of unique challenges.
This seminar provides a sound grounding in SEC reporting and compliance for financial professionals at public companies or companies planning an IPO. It gives participants practical, hands-on experience preparing annual reports, quarterly reports, current reports, and the proxy statements in compliance with the SEC—even as the regulatory requirements change. Course materials are continuously updated to give timely perspectives on current issues on the SEC’s agenda, such as Non-GAAP disclosures, the Disclosure Effectiveness Project, Dodd‑Frank initiatives, the JOBS Act, trends in SEC comments and XBRL. Actual SEC filings are integrated into the course to demonstrate how the regulations are implemented in practice, and all participants receive an SEC Rules and Regulations Manual.
- The SEC, Its Operations, and Organization
- Non-U.S. GAAP Financial Measures
- Dealing Effectively with SEC Staff
- Developing the Form 10-K Annual Report
- Item by Item Analysis of Form 10-K Requirements
- Preparing the Form 10-Q Quarterly Report
- Current Reporting on Form 8-K
- Proxy Statement and Annual Report to Shareholders
- Current Hot Issues including Trends in SEC Comments, XBRL, and SEC Reporting using IFRS