29th Annual Accounting & Financial Reporting Symposium
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with KPMG Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
The Symposium is designed for corporate financial executives from both private and public companies who desire an update on the more important financial accounting and reporting developments over the past year. The program also will discuss other important topics impacting the responsibilities of the audience.
Those who have attended past sessions have pointed out that one advantage of the program is that it includes technical compliance topics, along with discussions of prominent practices in financial leadership. Speakers include leading executives from industry and accounting who are involved with accounting and financial reporting issues every day. They will address recent technical pronouncements and guidance from the FASB and SEC. In addition, they will share with participants their experiences in dealing with some of the important leadership issues that have helped their companies compete more effectively in today's environment.
Topics covered include:
The Symposium covers important topics, issues and trends in accounting and reporting. The agenda for the Symposium will be finalized as new developments occur, sample subject matter includes:
- Keynote Address on Issues Impacting Financial Executives
- FASB and SEC Current Developments
- Accounting for Leases
- Accounting for Financial Instruments
- KPMG's Thought Leadership on Hot Topics
- Breakout Sessions Focused on Trending Topics and Current Updates
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Expand and update your Corporate Financial Reporting and Analysis Skills!
This course will bring you bang up to date with your knowledge and practical skills in corporate financial reporting. As well as providing a useful refresher in accounting fundamentals the course provides a comprehensive update on the most recent developments in the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) framework.
This Oxford practical workshop focuses not just on the preparation and presentation of financial statements but will also provide a thorough briefing on how to analyse and interpret modern corporate financial reports.
The Oxford course has been designed to provide you with up to date knowledge and skills in the preparation, presentation and interpretation of financial statements and corporate reports. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the Role of Financial Reporting in Managing Performance
- Prepare Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS Standards
- Critically analyse and Interpret Financial Statements and Reports
- Assist in developing Integrated Reports for your own Organisation
- Apply practical Excel skills in reporting and forecasting
- The Business Context for Accounting and Reporting
- Key Financial Accounting Principles and Practice
- Update of recent developments in IFRS Reporting
- IAS and IFRS Standards relevant to the Financial Statements
- Framework, Structure, and Format of Financial Statements
- Creative and Fraudulent Accounting Practices
- Analysis and Interpretation of Corporate Financial Reports
- Business Performance Benchmarking and Improvement
- Predicting Corporate Failure from Financial Analysis
- Using Financial Statements for Business Forecasts
- Designing Internal Financial Reports with Impact
- Recent Developments in Integrated Reporting (IR)
Who should attend
- Financial Accounting Team Members
- Financial Planning and Budgeting Professionals
- Strategic Planning and Head Office Team Members
- Corporate Communication and Investor Relations Professionals
- Investment Analysts and Advisers
- Auditors and Tax Managers